Wednesday, August 06, 2008

LA City College Student Services Retreat

I spoke today at the LA City College student services retreat and it was a real treat. The organizing committee was very hospitable and the audience was great. Very attentive - I always seem to get the post-lunch time slot, yet they were right there with me. In talking with people before and after, I was struck once again by the dedication of people in student services in a community college. They have a very difficult job that has to be done with scarce resources, and I appreciated their passion in serving students in the best way possible.

If any of you from today are reading this post - thanks for the great experience. The links I mentioned are in the right column of this page. And thanks for atrtificially inflating my hit count as I requested. Please feel free to hit "refresh" on your browser a few times to make it look even better.

2 comments:

the dean said...

Great job today! I found your presentation both funny and insightful. I thanked my teenage daughter today because of her, I knew the meaning of POS!

Jim Gaston said...

Thanks for the kind words!