Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Presentation at Cuyamaca College

Today I had the great privilege of speaking at the Spring 2011 Convocation at Cuyamaca College. This is a new presentation I'm doing that discusses the massive transformations that have occurred in our culture as a result of technology. We examine a number of industries that have undergone radical change and then dive deep into the music industry. I trace the technological evolution from Thomas Edison to Steve Jobs and suggest that higher education might be following a similar path. It's a challenging discussion and I was really impressed with the group at Cuyamaca. They were incredibly hospitable and I greatly appreciated their interest and their feedback. It was a good day.

3 comments:

everyAUGUST said...

Hi Jim,

When are you going to update this blog? I know you are working on all kinds of things and I want to learn about them.

-elizabeth

Jim Gaston said...

Hey Elizabeth! Thanks for the reminder. It's been a pretty crazy year and blogging got pushed down to the bottom of my to-do list but maybe I'll make it a resolution for next year.

Thanks for the prompt!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.