Thursday, January 19, 2012

iTunes U

Oops - I jumped the gun a little bit on my last post and there was more news from Apple this morning.  They also announced a new iTunes U app that will host full courses that you can take for free or (I assume) for a fee at some point in the future.  They have had this content for a while in iTunes but they are obviously making a big push in education now and so they are breaking this out into its own app.  I just downloaded it and it pretty much works the same way it did in iTunes.

It will be very interesting to see how this develops in relationship to the burgeoning Open Courseware initiatives.  It could be a battle between an open and closed environment that we are now seeing with iOS and Android.  There is a lot to keep track of in this space and it's a really exciting time to be working in education.  Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this. I used it to find free webinars from Michigan's MI Learning under Technology Teacher Tools. I learned a lot and will share it with other teachers.