Tuesday, February 07, 2006

iPod Generation

I'm doing three sessions on my "Reaching and Teaching the iPod Generation" presentation at IVC this week. Powerpoint slides can be found here. The basic idea that I'm promoting is that the generation of students who have grown up with digital technology have been affected by it in some profound - and some subtle - ways. A lot of my information comes from an excellent publication from Educause called Educating the Net Generation. It is a resource that I highly recommend and hope that anyone interested in higher education technology read it.

Every generation thinks the one following it is different (and usually not as good), but the advent of ubiquitous technology really has changed the way students act, think and learn and we owe it to them to try to understand - and leverage - those differences.

No comments: