Sunday, March 04, 2012

CMC3 South Conference

Yesterday I had the great privilege to speak at the CMC3 South Conference which is a group of CA community college math professors in southern California.  It was a great group, but I was very disappointed that they all looked so normal.  I told them that I was expecting the day would be like an extended episode of The Big Bang Theory!

I talked about the decentralizing trend of technology and the very real threat our current system of higher education is facing.  I encouraged them to make a difference in their students' lives because the one area we will never be able to automate is the magical connection that can occur between a teacher and a student.  I had some great conversations afterward and really enjoyed my time with them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your talk at CMC^3S was very enjoyable and informative. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us